- Juice Company Dumped Orange Peels In A Deforested Area– What sounds like an act of littering ends in a great composting success 16 years in the making.
- Firefox Quantum keeps getting better – Tracking protection out of the box? Yes please.
- Malvertising factory shut down – good for users and companies alike
- Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange hacked, losing $530 million: NHK – Hacks like these are at an all time high for profitability
- Inmates Are Using VR For A Chance To Get Out Of Prison (video) – Very interesting and perhaps controversial idea. This could greatly reduce the amount of shock that a rehabilitated person returning back into society from prison faces.
- Over 90 percent of Gmail users still don’t use two-factor authentication – 😞
- AMD, Nvidia must do more to stop cryptominers from causing PC gaming card shortages, price gouging – Do they really need to do this? Why not just increase production to meet market demand?
- No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior
- Android Users: To Avoid Malware, Try the F-Droid App Store – All android users should try the F-Droid App Store because Free Software is awesome!
Tools that I am enjoying
- Pocket – I have been using this when browsing my news feeds on my phone as to save things for later to add to my rundowns. The feature of just being able to share an article and then selecting pocket (Android) is nice and centrally managed. Naturally, if something self hosted existed for this it would be neat to use but for now Pocket works very well. The integration with Firefox / Firefox accounts is also an awesome feature.